Transparency Saint Helena

Arguing for improved access to the way government takes decisions. In short, the creation of a Freedom of Information Ordinance for St. Helena.

Saturday, June 16, 2012

Feedback from one of the 80% . . .

Feedback is welcome, and I just received the following email (which I'm publishing anonymously, though it was signed):

Dear Mr. Turner,

I was pleased to read your letter in this week's Independent regarding the poor turnout in the recent By-election. I agree entirely with your comments regarding the lack of openness and transparency within the St. Helena Government. Right or wrong, must confess that I was one of those who did not bother to vote.  I thank and admire you for publicly speaking out and wish that more of us would have the courage to do so.

Sincerely yours,

No comments:

Post a Comment